Once I got the base running smooth I started creating the mechanism for the head rotation. Eventually, head will be spinning left/right – it would be awesome to have it also tilting to sides and front/back but for now it would be too difficult to manage.
So, I took the base of the rotating excavator platform…
…and cut off and trimmed the needed parts:
The mechanism is simple – the yellow part with the engine will be fixed on top of the core stick and the white cogweel will be rotating with a magnet platform attached to it just under the top of the body sphere.
The tricky part was to cut the wooden stick to the right length so I decided to make it shorter and then, if needed, put some distance to make the perfect spot for the magnets.
The only thing left for the internal mechasm is to attach the speaker for sounds and magnets on the rotating platform.